The Renewable Energy Industry Association-NM (REIA) Ethics Statement
Effective Date: July 13, 2021
As a member organization of the Renewable Energy Industry Association-NM (REIA), we are committed to conducting our business in an ethical manner and upholding the integrity of the renewable energy industry. As part of this commitment, we pledge to:
1. Manufacture, distribute, develop and install renewable energy products and systems that meet high standards of quality and performance.
2. Utilize well‐trained personnel to provide current, correct, and understandable product information.
3. Accurately and honestly represent the cost, capabilities, reliability, performance, and other characteristics of solar products and services in all business dealings.
4. Accurately present tax credits and incentives to ensure consumers understand how they work.
5. Accurately present the estimated energy savings of all renewable energy products and systems.
6. Accurately represent any financing mechanism in all transactions to ensure there is an understanding of all terms and conditions.
7. Perform servicing and repairs in a professional manner.
8. Design, build, install, operate and maintain products that are conducive with public health, safety, and environmental values.
9. Provide clear, understandable warranties that comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
10. Interact and communicate with consumers in a professional manner.
11. Comply with all federal, state and local laws including providing all consumers a copy of the NM Distributed Generation Disclosure Statement or equivalent with appropriate information at or before the signing of an installation agreement.
12. Comply with interconnection procedures that are consistent with the most recent the New Mexico Public Regulation Commission (PRC) rules and manuals.
13. Cooperate with all Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) and utilities to ensure that solar systems are properly installed with proper approvals.
14. Embrace a culture of inclusiveness that is consistent with all protected classes as defined by the federal government and that state of New Mexico.
15. Accurately and honestly represent our primary business category and revenue for REIA membership.
16. Support the mission and goals of REIA.